10 Reasons to Brush Your Teeth
These are the 10 most powerful reasons you should brush your teeth:
1) Save money – Prevention is cheaper than cure! Looking after your teeth and gums by brushing twice a day will help prevent problems in the future leaving you with lower dental bills.
2) Fresh breath – If you don’t brush your teeth regularly bacteria will start to build up in your mouth. To prevent this remember to brush your teeth twice a day. Chewing sugar free gum after meals can also help.
3) Reduce your chance of a heart attack or stroke – Bacteria in your mouth can make its way into your bloodstream which can increase your chance of a heart attack or stroke.
4) Prevent gum disease – Our mouths are full of bacteria which along with mucus form a colourless plaque on our teeth. Brushing gets rid of this plaque. The plaque itself contains bacteria and it’s our bodies reaction to this which causes inflamed gums and can cause them to bleed. This is called gingivitis and is the first stage of gum disease. It can be reversed by daily brushing.
5) Stay kissable – Who wants to kiss someone with food between their teeth or bad breath?
6) Have a healthy baby – Research has found that having gum disease increases the chance of premature birth and low birth weight.
7) Minimise diabetes – Not only are people with diabetes more susceptible to serious gum disease, but also serious gum disease may have the potential to affect blood glucose control and contribute to the progression of diabetes.
8) Prevent dementia – Poor oral health increases your risk of developing dementia
9) Toothpaste – toothpaste on your brush is the best way to apply fluoride or desensitisers. The fluoride in toothpaste helps protects your teeth.
10) Stain Removal – Toothpastes can contain very mild abrasives that help remove debris and surface stains.
So, that 2 minutes brushing your teeth twice a day could actually save your life. Our team of dentists and hygienists can show you the most effective way to brush and care for your teeth and gums.Go Back